Thirteen Companies Joined the NOD Corporate Leadership Council in 2017
NOD Business Partners Distinguish Themselves as Leaders in Disability Employment
NEW YORK (Feb. 13, 2018): Thirteen companies from across the United States joined the National Organization on Disability (NOD) Corporate Leadership Council last year. Council members support NOD’s mission to expand meaningful employment opportunities for the 24 million worked-aged Americans with disabilities who are not employed, by committing to advance disability inclusion efforts in their workplaces. These prominent brands unite with 40 other current business partners in the Council bringing the total membership to nearly 55 top businesses, says NOD President Carol Glazer.
The Corporate Leadership Council provides an opportunity for national and global business leaders to learn from NOD’s experts and fellow peers about common challenges and leading practices in disability employment – and to be recognized for their commitment to disability inclusion. Members gain national visibility and brand recognition as leaders in diversity and employers of choice for people with disabilities.
“I am proud to announce that more than 50 companies from across the country call themselves partners in advancing disability employment by having joined the NOD Corporate Leadership Council,” Glazer said. “These companies recognize the value of disability inclusion. Now more than ever our success in a global economy depends on how well we inspire and put to use the talents and energies of every person in this country.”
New members in 2017 joined at both the President’s Circle and Corporate Circle levels:
- Charter Communications
- Christiana Care Health System
- eSSENTIAL Accessibility
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Cozen O’Connor
- Huntington Bank
- National Grid
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Sutter Health
Glazer noted a myriad of benefits for businesses in the Corporate Leadership Council including, but not limited to:
- Recognition of corporate commitment to disability employment, reinforcing your brand as a diversity leader and employer of choice for job candidates with disabilities
- Invitations to exclusive, in-person, disability employment events, including NOD’s Annual Forum and networking luncheons
- Opportunities to be featured in premier disability events, conferences and learning forums
- Access to a year-long agenda of webinars, tailored to topics of particular interest to members
- Special pricing on selected NOD Professional Services, including our Disability Inclusion Accelerator™
- A dedicated Relationship Manager as your liaison to discuss your goals, connect you to NOD resources, and have your interests inform future NOD programming
Learn more about becoming a NOD Corporate Leadership Council.