Annual Forum + Leading Disability Employers Dinner: “New Frontiers in Disability Employment”
September 25, 2018
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Networking + Disability Employment Learning Sessions
- Discover proven strategies and cutting edge tactics to help you tackle the next frontier in disability employment. Learning sessions will include: mental health and the workplace, disability hiring initiatives and the quest for talent, and innovations in workplace assistive technology.
5:00 PM – 9:00PM | Leading Disability Employers Reception + Announcement Dinner
- Join us for an evening full of inspiring speakers and the announcement of the 2018 Leading Disability Employers, an award recognizing companies with exemplary performance on the Disability Employment Tracker™.
NETWORKING + DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT LEARNING SESSIONS
9:00 – 10:00 | Registration + Breakfast
10:00 – 10:30 | Welcome + Sponsor Remarks
- Carol Glazer, NOD; Brad Hopton, PwC
10:30 – 11:45 | Plenary Session: Beyond the “Mental Health Day” Welcoming Employees with Mental Health Disabilities
- What does a welcoming workplace for people with mental health disabilities look like? Examine the experiences of employees with mental health disabilities, how companies can enhance work environments for these employees, and the benefits of breaking down the stigma.
- Andy Imparato, Executive Director, AUCD; Anupa Iyer, EEOC; Don Mordecai, MD, Kaiser Permanente; moderated by Carol Glazer, NOD
11:45 – 12:15 | Learning Burst: Tracking to Success, How PwC Quantifies the Impact of their Disability Inclusion Efforts
- PwC unveils their 2018 Impact Report and discusses how they brought their story of disability inclusion to life, for both employees and clients. Learn how they tracked progress and results while building trust in the workplace and the marketplace.
- Scott Borchardt and Katie Curley, PwC
12:15 – 12:45 | Lunch
12:45 – 1:30 | Keynote: In Conversation
- Tipper is an engineer, a mentor to young people and a motivational speaker. He also happens to use a wheelchair. Neil explores Tipper’s personal disability journey and what inspires them to action.
- Neil Romano, National Council on Disability, The Romano Group; William “Tipper” Thomas, Northrop Grumman
1:30 – 1:45 | Break
1:45 – 3:00 | Plenary Session: Disability Hiring and the Quest for Talent
- To fill critical talent vacancies, more companies are pioneering disability employment models and opening pathways to careers for neurodiverse talent. Hear from companies that have significantly changed how they hire people with disabilities, and gotten real results.
- James Mahoney, JPMorgan Chase & Co.; 1 TBD partner; 1 TBD employee; UPS reps (TBD); moderated by Felicia Nurmsen, NOD
3:00 – 3:15 | Break
3:15 – 3:45 | Plenary Micro-Session: Assistive Technology in the Workplace
- New technologies are leveling the playing field for individuals with disabilities, so building a comprehensive assistive tech infrastructure can vastly improve the employee experience. Discover that latest innovations for employees who are deaf or have low hearing.
- Diane Hettinger, Prudential
3:45 – 4:00 | Plenary Micro-Session: Enhancing the Digital Experience for People with Disabilities
- Going beyond compliance and investing in a fully accessible digital experience for customers and employees with disabilities is the next frontier. Explore integrated approaches to build barrier-free digital environments.
- Simon Dermer, eSSENTIAL Accessibility
4:00 – 4:10 | Closing Remarks + Announcements
- Carol Glazer, NOD
LEADING DISABILITY EMPLOYERS RECEPTION + ANNOUNCEMENT DINNER
5:00 – 6:30 | Networking Reception + Leading Disability Employers Photos
6:00 – 6:30 | Dinner Seating
6:30 – 6:50 | Welcome + Opening Remarks
- Carol Glazer, NOD
6:50 – 7:20 | Dinner Service
7:20 – 8:00 | Keynote Session: New Frontiers in Disability Employment
- What is the role of the CEO in changing the conversation around disability inclusion? Wes Bush and Gov. Tom Ridge discuss how corporate leaders can help improve employment opportunity for people with disabilities, and how they can work with civic leaders towards this shared goal.
- Wesley Bush, Northrop Grumman; Gov. Tom Ridge, Ridge Global + NOD; moderated by Dr. Ronald L. Copeland, Kaiser Permanente
8:05 – 8:45 | Announcing the 2018 Leading Disability Employers + Winners’ Video Debut
- Celebrate the companies that are being recognized as Leading Disability Employers for their exemplary disability employment practices. Plus, watch the debut video showcasing the amazing people working to advance disability inclusion at these winning companies.
- Gov. Tom Ridge, Ridge Global; Carol Glazer, NOD
8:45 – 9:00 | Closing Remarks
Featured Keynote Speakers
Save Your Place
Complete the form below to register, or contact us at [email protected] or 212.860.8021. NOD will share updates and additional details with registrants.
Book your hotel at a discounted rate online or call is 1-800-228-9290 and ask for the “National Organization on Disability Annual Conference Room Block at the Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park”.
This event is wheelchair accessible and will feature live captioning. Please indicate additional accommodations requests in the registration form below.
Attendance by invitation only; seating limited.